5 Reasons To Wake Up Early

I AM NOT WHO I WAS BEFORE




I AM NOT WHO I WAS BEFORE

"The story of Edward Clermont recovery after being homeless, drug addict and alcoholic. It is a great inspiration to all those going through hard times."

As a teen i was lucky to have a mom, and a stepdad in my life who where always there for me.
But nothing they could say or do was going to stop what became a 25 year binge of drinking myself to near death, and doing enough meth and coke to kill several horses.
Anybody who knew me when i was drinking would have probably sworn on a bible, they thought i would die before i ever give up the bottle.
You see the bottle was my friend, it was there for me to comfort me, entertain me and keep me warm on cold nights (literally). Living most my life in a bottle has meant most of the things today we take for granted where unattainable when i first stopped drinking.
Everyday things in life i have had to rebuild one by one. ID, Bank account, Drivers license, credit, No matter how bad things got in my life i knew things could get better, all i had to do was try. Like anything in life worth having, it takes work but you have to want it.
Nobody can give you advice on how, that’s your call, but people can tell you how they survived, and you’re not alone, people do understand your pain, and others have been there and made it despite all odds.
Success to me is not about how thick my wallet is, but how rich my life is without booze. 


Edward Clermont

Kingston, Ont. Canada

Comments